So, you wanna know a little bit more about me? I’m not a massive fan of proclaiming my own awesomeness, but here’s a few bits and bobs to get you started:
- I was born in Glasgow, which is the biggest city in Scotland and currently part of the UK. I’ve lived here most of my life, with the exception of a few years which I spent on the South coast of England. To clear up a few stereotypes, I don’t like haggis, I hate bagpipes, I’ve never seen the Loch Ness monster and I’ve never eaten a deep-fried Mars bar.
- I quit my full-time office monkey number-crunching job in August 2015 so that I could go back to college. I’m now a full-time Media student, which I’m absolutely loving, as well as number crunching 2 days per week. Throw in my YouTube channel, my blog, a love of sleeping and the occasional social commitment, and my free time is pretty non-existent! I need to be busy though, if I have any down time I start freaking out.
- Although, I do procrastinate when it comes to things like exercising or tidying. The joys of Tumblr.
- I’m OBSESSED with music. Quite a lot of my videos are based on music I like or shows I’ve been to, and I have a huge collection of CDs and merch and signed stuff. One of the highlights was definitely watching All Time Low sidestage and hanging with them backstage in March 2014 <3
- I’ve had Type 1 Diabetes since I was 9 years old. Most people aren’t familiar with Type 1 because it’s much rarer than Type 2, so to sum up, my pancreas decided to stop working and so I have to inject insulin into my body several times a day and be careful with what I eat. That said, I can eat just like everyone else – I just have to adjust my insulin intake to accommodate it! To clear up more stereotypes, I am not (and never have been) overweight, and I didn’t develop the condition as a result of eating too many sweets as a kid.
- Ironically given the above point, I have a rather sweet tooth and am easily silenced with a bar of Dairy Milk.
- You might have guessed I’m quite a creative person. In fact, I was a dancer for 18 years. I’ve done most styles in that time, from the usual tap and jazz to disco and street dance. I’ve done a couple of performances for TV, performed in clubs and even went with my team to the UDO World Street Dance Championships in Blackpool in 2010. I also coached some kids for a schools competition and watching those kids dance is honestly one of the proudest moments of my life. I still go to dance classes occasionally, because I do miss it and it brings out a side of me that nothing else does.
- I got my first tattoo in September 2012. It’s on my left forearm and it says ‘stand up and make yourself count.’ It’s a lyric by a Glasgow band called Yashin, and although I absolutely love the song, that’s not the main reason I got the tattoo! I wanna get a couple more tattoos, one on my ribs and one on my foot.
- I also love piercings! I have my nose pierced and I also have a scaffolding piercing in my right ear. I did have my lip pierced for a few years too. No plans for any more!
Hopefully that gives you a quick insight into life avec moi. If there’s anything else you wanna know, just tweet me!